How to Comply with CAN-SPAM Anti-Spam Law: 7 Rules
June 22, 2012 | Spam Compliance, Tips
If you’re wondering about what is considered “spam” according to the FTC, they’ve put together this video that outlines the 7 rules to follow to make sure that you are compliant with the CAN-SPAM law of 2003.
7 rules to follow to comply with the CAN-SPAM act
- Your “From,” “To,” “Reply-To,” and routing information must be accurate.
- Don’t use deceptive subject lines.
- Identify the message as an ad.
- Your message must include your valid physical postal address.
- Tell recipients how to opt out.
- Honor opt-out requests promptly.
- You can’t contract away your legal responsibility to comply with the law.
To view these rules in detail, or to download the brochure, check out: The CAN-SPAM Act: A Compliance Guide for Business